Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Redemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie Thompson OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Kiss-and-tell matinee idol’s conquests: True stories or tall tales? ONE lightweight champion Eduard Folayang hopes to use his experience against Australian challenger Martin Nguyen in the main event of ONE: Legends of the World on Friday at Mall of Asia Arena.ADVERTISEMENT LATEST STORIES It’s too early to present Duterte’s ‘legacy’ – Lacson Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Coco’s house rules on ‘Probinsyano’ set Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ NU keeps Final 4 bid alive, pulls rug from under FEU MOST READ Jo Koy: My brain always wants to think funny Margot Robbie talks about filming ‘Bombshell’s’ disturbing sexual harassment scene View comments Folayang, who owns an 18-5 record, has more than twice as many fights as Nguyen (9-1).“My biggest advantage against him is my experience because I have been fighting for a long time,” Folayang, who made his MMA debut in 2007 as part of URCC, told INQUIRER.net in a press conference Tuesday at City of Dreams Manila.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’SPORTSFederer blasts lack of communication on Australian Open smogNguyen, the current featherweight champion, will be going up in weight against Folayang. But Team Lakay’s prized ward doesn’t think their weight difference is going to be much of a factor come fight night.“I think I’ll just be three to four pounds heavier than him inside the cage,” Folayang said in Filipino. The 28-year-old Nguyen aims to become the first fighter in ONE Championship to hold two titles in two different weight classes at once.Folayang, who turns 33 on Nov. 22, is also banking on homecourt edge with Friday’s event expected to draw a sellout crowd.“I’ve fought many times here in the Philippines and there’s really nothing like it fighting in front of your hometown crowd,” Folayang, who outpointed Ev Ting in his first title defense last April at MOA Arena, said in Filipino.ADVERTISEMENT Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’
160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! BAGHDAD, Iraq – One day before Saddam Hussein’s trial resumes, court officials named a new chief judge Monday and ousted another jurist off the five-member panel trying the former Iraqi leader. The changes raised new questions about the fairness of the process and provided yet more signs of disarray in a trial already marked by delays, assassinations and chaotic courtroom outbursts by the former Iraqi ruler. The new chief judge will be Raouf Rasheed Abdel-Rahman, who like his predecessor is a Kurd. Abdel-Rahman serves on a backup panel and has been following the trial, officials said. Rizgar Mohammed Amin submitted his resignation as chief judge Jan. 15 after complaints by politicians and officials that he failed to maintain control of the proceedings. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORESanta Anita opens winter meet Saturday with loaded card After Amin refused to withdraw his resignation, court officials had said he would be replaced by his deputy, Saeed al-Hammash, a Shiite. However, the government commission responsible for purging members of Saddam’s Baath Party complained last week that al-Hammash should not serve as chief judge because of his former membership in the former ruling party. Al-Hammash denied having joined the Baath party, and a U.S. official said Sunday that there was nothing in his background to prevent him from serving. On Monday, however, court official Raid Juhi said al-Hammash was being transferred off the case entirely and that Abdel-Rahman would be the new interim chief judge. Juhi insisted the move was not a result of the Baath membership allegation. The latest changes add to the charged atmosphere surrounding the trail since it began Oct. 19 and may further raise questions about the fairness of the proceedings. Two defense lawyers have been assassinated and a third fled the country since the trial began. Saddam and seven others have been accused in the deaths of about 140 Shiites following a failed assassination attempt in 1982 against the former ruler in Dujail, 50 miles north of Baghdad. They could be hanged if convicted.