Buyers snap up property at Lucy Cole Prestige Properties auction event

first_imgPrincipal Lucy Cole said she believed the 2017 outlook for the Gold Coast property market was positive. Picture Mike BatterhamLUCY Cole Prestige Properties took a list of 15 properties to auction at the agency’s sixth annual alfresco auction on the weekend.Principal Lucy Cole said about 150 people including 40 registered bidders turned up to the event last Saturday where the team sold about $8 million worth of real estate.The agency sold six properties under the hammer including two above the $1 million mark.“There was a lot of spirited bidding on the day which was great to see,” Ms Cole said.“Two of the sales were above reserve which was also promising to see. We had another three that sold prior to auction and we have another four under negotiation now.” Auctioneer Scott Harman in action. Picture Mike BatterhamMore from news02:37Purchasers snap up every residence in the $40 million Siarn Palm Beach North11 hours ago02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa1 day agoMs Cole said there were a range of buyers including international, interstate and local.Among the sales was an apartment in The Waterford building at Main beach. The three-bedroom apartment, which has 360-degree views of the Coast, fetched $1.85 million under the hammer. The crowd wait for the hammer to fall. Picture Mike Batterham A crowd of about 150 took part in the auction event. Picture Mike Batterham Auctioneer Scott Harman engages with the crowd. Picture Mike BatterhamA four-bedroom waterfront house at 11 Riverbank Court, Ashmore, also sold for $1.4 million.Ms Cole said she believed the 2017 outlook for the Gold Coast property market was positive.“I think it’s looking very healthy — there’s a buzz in the air and it’s very exciting.“Buyers want to be involved in our marketplace.“They can see that we’re moving forward.”last_img read more

Well-Safe awards contracts for rig upgrade into P&A unit

first_imgWell-Safe Solutions has awarded two multi-million-pound contracts to continue the refurbishment of the Well-Safe Guardian, the decommissioning company’s first asset, into a bespoke plug and abandonment unit.Source: Global EnergyWell-Safe, which was launched in August 2017, agreed to acquire the Ocean Guardian semi-submersible drilling unit from Diamond Offshore back in April 2019. Well-Safe’s plan was to convert the rig into a plug and abandonment (P&A) unit.Global Energy Group and Rigfit7seas have been appointed to deliver the upgrade of the semi-submersible drilling rig, Well-Safe said on Thursday.Global Energy Group will provide quayside services and the paintwork scope while Rigfit7seas will provide accommodation upgrade services.Well-Safe is progressing with the refurbishment work on the asset which it acquired earlier this summer. As part of the upgrade, Well-Safe will be installing a dive system and the capability to deploy a SIL (subsea intervention lubricator).Phil Milton, Chief Executive Officer of Well-Safe Solutions, said: “The award of these contracts, within the timeframes we committed to, will ensure that this bespoke plug and abandonment asset will be available to the industry in 2020.”Global Energy Group, who has been supporting Well-Safe with marine operations and quayside services since April this year, following the acquisition of the asset, has secured the contract to support the upgrades and life extension works at the Port of Nigg.Stuart Paterson, Managing Director for Global Energy Group, Access & Coatings commented: “We are thrilled to have been awarded this contract to bring the flagship semi-submersible up to standard. Creating opportunity for additional employment, we expect to have in the region of 80 personnel engaged on various work scopes until the end of the year.“Working in partnership with Well-Safe, Global Energy Group will provide fully encapsulated scaffold access, blast and paint services along with the provision of rope access personnel, mobile cranes, plant and labor, workboats and onsite facilities for the duration of the rigs yard stay at our Nigg Energy Park facility.”Brian Knowles, Group Managing Director, Rigfit7seas said: “We are delighted that Well-Safe has chosen Rigfit7Seas to carry out this sizeable scope on their flagship project.”Knowles added: “The project award further enhances our already extensive offering in the international marketplace and, at peak, will secure around 50 jobs across our engineering and construction teams for approximately 100 days, starting immediately.”Milton added: “We believe we are now a key part of helping the industry achieve its 35% decommissioning cost reduction target. Joint well plug and abandonment campaigns, using our club approach will not only be more cost efficient, but also help build UK supply chain expertise in decommissioning.”Research has indicated there are over 33,000 wells worldwide to be decommissioned over the next twenty years. Well-Safe’s long-term goal is to export their model and advance from the UK into this global marketplace.Spotted a typo? Have something more to add to the story? Maybe a nice photo? Contact our editorial team via email. Also, if you’re interested in showcasing your company, product or technology on Offshore Energy Today, please contact us via our advertising form where you can also see our media kit.last_img read more