Home of former Breakfast Creek Hotel publican hits the market

first_imgThis home at 89 Pring St, Hendra, is for sale. Picture: realestate.com.au.Mr Cavill’s lowset home is in a quiet, private neighbourhood on a large, 604 sqm block with landscaped gardens.The property is walking distance to Aviation High and Our Lady Help of Christians School and a short drive to other esteemed private schools. Greg and Jenny Cavill outside the Breakfast Creek Hotel.THE Brisbane home of former Breakfast Creek Hotel publican and sailing stalwart, the late Greg Cavill, is on the market.The member of one of Queensland’s leading hotel families, the Cavill family, recently passed away and his daughter, Jenny, is handling the sale of his Hendra home.The four-bedroom, two-bathroom house at 89 Pring Street — arguably Hendra’s finest street — is advertised for sale by offers through Leigh Kortlang and Jon Finney of Ray White AscotRecords show it was last bought for $540,000 in September 2001. GET THE LATEST REAL ESTATE NEWS DIRECT TO YOUR INBOX HERE More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus21 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market21 hours agoThe back courtyard at the home at 89 Pring St, Hendra. Picture: realestate.com.au.The Cavill family took up the lease on Brisbane’s famous waterhole in 1926 and held it for 72 years. But while he was well known for his days at the helm of the Breakfast Creek Hotel, Mr Cavill was also the oldest surviving Commodore of Royal Queensland Yacht Squadron. MORE HOMES FOR SALE IN BRISBANE GIDDY UP FOR AUCTION LUXURY IN THE BUSH Veteran yachtsmen (L-R) Greg Cavill, Bill Warlow, Dennis Burchill, Bill Pryke and Colonel Johnson. Picture: David Kapernick.He was also the official starter for the 66th QantasLink Brisbane to Gladstone Yacht Race in 2014.He contested the race from 1950-1998 on five different yachts and was among the winning crew aboard the Norman Wright skippered Flying Saucer, which took line honours in 1955 in a race record of 41 hours 19 minutes and 4 seconds.center_img This home at 89 Pring St, Hendra, is for sale. Picture: realestate.com.au. Inside the home at 89 Pring St, Hendra. Picture: realestate.com.au.last_img read more

Total plans $5 billion in asset sales as second quarter profit slips on lower oil prices

first_imgFrench oil and gas company Total posted a 26% drop in 2Q net profit as a result of lower oil and gas prices. Total has said it plans to sell about $5 billion worth of assets, mostly from its Exploration & Production business.Patrick Pouyanné, Chairman and CEO of Total. Source: Wikimedia; Author: Jérémy Barande – under the CC BY-SA 2.0 licenseThe company on Thursday posted adjusted net profit of $2.9 billion, a 19% decrease from the adjusted net profit of $3.6 billion in the same period last year.Total’s net income was $2.8 billion in 2Q 2019, a 26% decrease compared to 2Q 2018 and net income of $3.7 billion.Hydrocarbon production was 2,957 kboe/d in 2Q 2019, an increase of 9% compared to 2Q 2018 due to start-up and ramp-up of new projects, offset by natural decline and maintenance.Commenting on the results, Chairman and CEO, Patrick Pouyanné, said: “Markets remained volatile with Brent averaging $69/b in the second quarter, an increase of 9% compared to the previous quarter, but natural gas prices were down 36% in Europe and 26% in Asia. In this context, with a slight increase in production to 2.96 Mboe/d, adjusted net income increased by 5% compared to the previous quarter to 2.9 B$, and the return on equity remained above 11%.”“Exploration & Production benefited from the higher Brent with a 15% increase in operating cash flow before working capital changes.”He added: “In signing an agreement with Occidental to acquire Anadarko’s assets in Africa, the Group is preparing for its future and capitalizing on its strengths. In Mozambique, it leverages its expertise in LNG, in Ghana, the deep offshore and, in Algeria, its historic presence. The Group continues to grow in LNG with the signing of a sales contract with the Chinese company Guanghui, the takeover of Toshiba’s LNG portfolio and the start-up of Cameron LNG in the United States.“This strategy is complemented by the divestment of high-breakeven assets, such as the recent sale of mature assets in the UK North Sea. This active portfolio management policy will continue with the sale of 5 B$ of assets over the 2019-20 period, the majority coming from Exploration & Production.”Since the start of the third quarter 2019, Brent has traded above $60/b in a context of renewed OPEC+ quotas and uncertainties about the evolution of production in Libya, Venezuela and Iran. According to Total, the environment remains volatile, with uncertainty about hydrocarbon demand growth related to the outlook for global economic growth.The Group maintains its spending discipline in 2019 with an organic investment target of around $14 billion and an average production cost of $5.5/boe. The organic pre-dividend cash flow breakeven will remain below $30/b.Production growth should exceed 9% in 2019, thanks to the ramp-up of projects started in 2018 and the start-­ups in the first half 2019 of Kaombo Sul in Angola and Culzean in the UK North Sea, as well as the upcoming Johan Sverdrup in Norway and lara 1 in Brazil.Offshore Energy Today StaffSpotted a typo? Have something more to add to the story? Maybe a nice photo? Contact our editorial team via email. Also, if you’re interested in showcasing your company, product or technology on Offshore Energy Today, please contact us via our advertising form where you can also see our media kit.last_img read more

Five For Miss Isidore Pageant in San Sauveur

first_img Share Sharing is caring! Share 226 Views   3 comments Tweetcenter_img Share LocalNews Five For Miss Isidore Pageant in San Sauveur by: – May 16, 2012 Shermaine Eustache, one of the 5 contestants of Miss Isidore 2012. See photo gallery with other contestants below.Five contestants from the villages of San Sauveur and Petite Soufriere will participate in the Miss Isidore Pageant set for Sunday May 27th at the San Sauveur School grounds.The contestants are Ayesha Nichols of San Sauveur and Kerlincia Bernard, Shermaine Eustache, Denise Durand and Lina Nichols of Petite Soufriere.The contestants will appear in talent, casual wear, evening wear and interview segments. The interview segment will be based on the history of St. Isidore, the patron saint of farmers.The show begins at 4 p.m.Andra Stoute of Good Hope is the reigning Miss Isidore.Fete Isidore is observed by the villages of Good Hope, San Sauveur and Petite Soufriere. A panel discussion on the topic-‘Reviving the Agriculture Sector-Challenges and Opportunities,’ will take place on Wednesday May 23rd.A games night and Lapeau Kabwit competition will be held on Friday May 25th and Fish night and the Kubuli 360 Big Truck Jam are planned for Saturday 26th.On Sunday May 27th the Miss Isidore pageant will lead into a dance with popular DJ Miguel Labadie.On Pentecost Monday, May 28th, a parade featuring local bands and groups will proceed to High Mass which will be broadcast live via radio. One elder who has given long and faithful service to the communities and to the celebration of the Feast of St. Isidore will be honoured.Fete Isidore will climax with music from the Bouyon Pioneers WCK.[nggallery id =182]Press Releaselast_img read more

Bale asks for Madrid move – report

first_img However reports in Spain have claimed Bale is eager to move to Madrid, with sports newspaper Marca even reporting dialogue from a conversation they claim he had with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy. According to Marca, Bale told Levy he wanted Spurs to negotiate a deal and said: “I’m not interested in Manchester United or any other team. I just want to play for Madrid.” Reports in Spain earlier this week also suggested the player has already agreed terms on a six-year deal. Whatever Bale did or did not say to Levy, Villas-Boas is optimistic the 24-year-old, who is currently contracted until 2016, will extend his stay at White Hart Lane. The Portuguese said on Friday: “There was contact between the club and his agent last year and there is ongoing contact between the club and his agent. “We renewed his contract at the beginning of last season, if you remember, and it’s something that is being dealt with by the chairman and the agent. “Talks are ongoing but that doesn’t mean there is an agreement. At the moment we’re confident that the player is under contract at Tottenham, as was done last year. It’s something that we’re speaking about, but there aren’t any developments.” Villas-Boas also reiterated his liking of Valencia striker Roberto Soldado despite Spurs’ director of football Franco Baldini failing to agree a fee with the Primera Division club on a recent visit to Spain. One player who seems certain to start the season in a Tottenham shirt is Belgian winger Nacer Chadli who formally joined from FC Twente on Friday and could feature in their pre-season friendly against Monaco on August 3. Chadli’s move to White Hart Lane, for a reported £7million, was confirmed by Spurs after the 23-year-old agreed personal terms and passed a medical. He has been training with Tottenham on their tour of Asia. Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas had hoped the Welsh winger would be fit to face South China FC in the Barclays Asia Trophy match in Hong Kong, however he continues to be troubled by a knock sustained in training. Villas-Boas has revealed there are ongoing talks with Bale’s agent regarding a new contract at White Hart Lane. Gareth Bale will sit out the latest Tottenham pre-season friendly due to injury on Saturday as he continues to be linked with Spanish giants Real Madrid.center_img Press Associationlast_img read more