But research found that when pregnant women took the drug, their children had an elevated risk — between 10 to 40 percent — of congenital malformations, autism and learning difficulties.Sanofi is facing separate charges of aggravated fraud and unintentionally causing injury in 42 cases filed by families, but insists it had warned health authorities of the drug’s risks already in the 1980s.On Monday, the company confirmed a report in Le Monde newspaper that prosecutors have now also charged it with manslaughter.But in a statement sent to AFP it insisted it had “fulfilled its obligation” of providing information on the drug and its side-effects, and said it “contests the validity of these proceedings.” French prosecutors have indicted pharma giant Sanofi for manslaughter over birth defects linked to an epilepsy drug, the company said Monday, in a long-running case that has also seen it charged with fraud.The charges relate to the drug valproate, marketed as Depakine among other trade names, which studies say has caused disabilities in about 15,000-30,000 children whose mothers took the medicine while pregnant.On the market since 1967, the drug is used to treat epilepsy, migraines and bipolar disorder. Sanofi said it has filed a legal challenge to the indictment.Under the French legal system, charges do not automatically result in a trial as prosecutors can decide not to proceed based on a lack of evidence.Last month, a French court ordered the state to pay thousands of euros in damages over the scandal, saying officials should have ensured the drug was not taken by pregnant women.The court found that health officials knew about the risk of birth defects from Depakine already in 1983, and of learning disabilities and autism from 2004.Another 500 complaints have been lodged with France’s national compensation agency for medical accidents, which has already proposed a 6.5-million-euro ($7.6-million) package for Depakine victims.Sanofi, a France-based multinational, is working on a candidate vaccine against the novel coronavirus with Britain’s GSK, for which it will receive up to $2.1 billion from the US government. Topics :
Ighalo’s goals have been influential in United tallying an unbeaten run stretching 11 matches, with fellow January arrival Bruno Fernandes also playing a crucial role. United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has already signalled his intentions to make the transfer permanent. “Odion has done really well when he’s come in and he’s enjoying himself,” Solskjaer said. “He will improve and get better, but he has qualities that we saw in him that we needed and we’ll still need those qualities for next season so let’s see what we do.” In other news, Portugal international Fernandes has expressed his desire to match his compatriot Cristiano Ronaldo’s achievements at United. Read Also:Ighalo wins Man Utd’s goal of the month award Ronaldo became one of the world’s best players during his time at Old Trafford, where he won silverware including the Premier League and Champions League. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… It is now the battle of the fittest as Manchester United set to prepare a three-year deal worth €6million (£5.2million) per year in wages for striker Odion Ighalo, according to reports. Ighalo has taken his opportunity with both hands at United Ighalo, who moved to United on loan from Shanghai Greenland Shenhua on deadline day in January, has hit the ground running with four goals in eight appearances. Indeed, the Nigerian’s strikes helped the Red Devils progress in the Europa League and FA Cup before the season was brought to a halt earlier this month. Previous reports have suggested that Ighalo was ‘seriously flattered’ by an offer of more than £400,000 per week from Shanghai. However, according to Italian journalist Nicolo Schria – via his Twitter account – United are trying just as hard to keep the striker at Old Trafford. Schria claims that United want to pay €15million to buy Ighalo outright and believe that their contract offer will be enough to convince the 30-year-old to stay in England, even if he is offered more to return to China. Ighalo‘s deal reportedly ends on May 31 – a month before the expiry date of standard loan spells – meaning United could earmark the Nigerian’s signing as a priority in the coming weeks. Promoted ContentPlaying Games For Hours Can Do This To Your Body7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table TopA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic BombsCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All Time6 Extreme Facts About Hurricanes8 Shows That Went From “Funny” To “Why Am I Watching This”Is This The Most Delicious Food In The World?5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The Universe10 Hyper-Realistic 3D Street Art By Odeith
According to the Irish Examiner, Mick O’Sullivan has declared himself “seriously disappointed” with confirmation that minor players in the Premier will play one code only this year, even if they harboured hopes of playing both.O’Sullivan insisted that his major gripe is not with minor hurling boss Liam Cahill, even though Cahill has insisted that he will not entertain dual players in 2016.Instead, O’Sullivan believes county board officials should advocate the use of dual players, after a motion aimed at making players choose one code only was defeated at annual convention last December.