The coupons being sold cost $10, and offer 6 buy-one get-one free pizza deals, as well as a free medium pizza.The event is raising money to help offset the costs of travel and rental time for an upcoming soccer tournament in Grande Prairie.The tournament will be taking place this weekend, where the local soccer club will take on Grande Prairie to determine their position in the provincials.- Advertisement -A victory would have the boys compete in the Tier 2 League, while a loss would result in them playing in the Tier 3 League.A victory would be substantial for Fort St. John, who has never played in the second tier.
Donegal businessman Neil Blaney has officially ended his long association with the Milford Inn Hotel.The Milford Inn has been taken over again.The operating company managed by Mr Blaney will no longer continue to manage the Milford Inn Hotel and will cease operations at the popular venue.However, jobs at the hotel have been saved and the premises will remain open as investors have moved in to take over the running off the hugely popular hotel. Martin Kelly owner of Bluebird Care will take over the hotel while his wife Patricia will act as General manager.Mr Kelly has moved quickly to dispel any fears over pre-booked weddings and parties at the hotel and says all functions will go ahead as planned.He told Donegal Daily, “I invested in the company two years to try and save The Milford Inn from closure and we leased it to an operating company managed by Neil Blaney.“Regrettably the company can no longer continue to run and as a results the investors are taking over the running of the business from tomorrow onwards. “Neil Blaney wished the company well in the future.”The Milford Inn will be closed this Wednesday and Thursday but will re-open on Friday through to Bank Holiday Monday.The Milford Inn will be closed on Monday to Thursday for the rest of May.It will be open as normal every Friday to Monday.Kelly added, Any weddings or functions previously booked will go ahead as planned. “Wedding parties have already been contacted and reassured this morning.“Bingo on Tuesday nights will also go ahead as normal.”INVESTORS MOVE IN TO TAKE OVER MILFORD INN HOTEL was last modified: April 28th, 2015 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:BusinessFeaturesnews
4 Keys to a Kid-Safe App Meanwhile, when it comes to the public at large, the cable company sits in the hot seat. ”We don’t wake up every day, and go to work and say, ‘We want to be hated,’” Roberts said in response to a question from an audience member. The topic was Comcast and Time Warner Cable—the object of its acquisition dreams—ranking near the bottom for customer satisfaction.Glenn Derene, electronics editor at Consumer Reports, believes he knows why: “Everything else in consumer technology is getting more affordable every year—everything except communications services.”But Roberts clearly doesn’t think that’s the full story. At the Code Conference, he cited his reasoning for the Comcast hate: It’s a consumer-facing company, he said, so it takes the flack when others raise their prices. (The “others” here likely refers to TV studios and networks, and their expensive rights or programming agreements.)It’s an excuse that’s about as satisfying as “it’s on the road map.” And if it were true, all cable and satellite providers would be in a heated race to the bottom, not just those two.This issue and the attitude toward developers are fundamentally connected. Comcast has an opportunity to pursue a robust ecosystem, one that welcomes developers and excites customers. Allowing third-party developers to bring their apps and services to X1 would provide more services, features and entertainment to end users. And it could do it without those expensive content deals. Too bad the company appears to be squandering this opportunity to turn sentiment around.Roberts said he wants to change the company. And he has a pathway to do so. Unfortunately, with arrogance and excuses, it just looks like more of the same.Comcast was contacted for this article, but as of this writing, had not replied to inquiries. Image by Owen Thomas for ReadWrite Wednesday, at the Code Conference in Los Angeles, Comcast CEO Brian Roberts told an audience of technology executives, analysts and journalists that he’s “trying to change the company.” He has a team comprising more than a thousand software engineers, he said, suggesting the cable provider wants to become a major player in the software development game.It’s an ambitious goal, even if it does seem a little unlikely. For all of the company’s vast coffers, there’s still one thing it doesn’t have: APIs released to the developer community. There’s no way for outside app makers to work with Comcast’s latest X1 television platform.Picking up on this, an audience member asked Roberts when that will change. The chief executive offered no date or estimated timeline. Instead, he said, “[It’s] on the road map.”Vague much?Developing FrustrationX1 is Comcast’s attempt to beat back the cord-cutting movement. A HTML5-based Internet television platform, it offers a “set-top-box-in-the-cloud” premise—blending live television with streaming and apps—making for Comcast’s most innovative, technologically relevant product yet.As a product offering, it has had limited test runs up until now, but Comcast hopes to officially roll it out this year. The potential reach could be enormous. According to the New York Times, Comcast currently services 21.7 million total video subscribers.That raises the stakes for potential developers, particularly if this “road map” actually leads somewhere. It’s a hazy, amorphous promise. Until the company offers some clarity, only one thing is really crystal clear: Comcast isn’t offering outside developers any APIs, or application programming interfaces, to make apps for this X1 platform. Some day, sure. But not now.It’s baffling, given Roberts’ declaration—especially when you consider that X1 is an emerging platform about to launch in an app-driven world created by the likes of Apple and Google. X1 only has a few applications from outside companies, primarily Facebook and Pandora. Comcast is reportedly pursuing a deal with game company Electronic Arts, but even if it succeeds, those would be streaming games, not apps. As it stands, there’s no Netflix, Hulu, or YouTube, much less apps from smaller developers like Plex. There’s not even an app for Angry Birds, Flappy Birds or any other type of birds.Of course, Comcast owns the platform, so it can do whatever it wants. But there’s something a bit arrogant about a company that believes it can innovate better on its own (or by cherry-picking partners) than the broader community.If the company really does want to become something other than the dictator of cable TV and Internet broadband pipes that people think it is—if it wants to step out as a technological innovator—then it needs to do something different. It needs to embrace the developer community.Comcast should have its APIs ready for launch. At the least, it should plan to ramp up for a quick release shortly after X1 rolls out, sending developers invitations to sign up. Comcast shouldn’t keep developers on the back burner, waiting around until the company gets around to it. Some day. Eventually.“We Don’t Wake Up Wanting To Be Hated” Tags:#Comcast#developers#TV 5 Outdoor Activities for Beating Office Burnout adriana lee 9 Books That Make Perfect Gifts for Industry Ex… Related Posts 12 Unique Gifts for the Hard-to-Shop-for People…
LOOK: Loisa Andalio, Ronnie Alonte unwind in Amanpulo for 3rd anniversary LATEST STORIES Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Read Next Game 2 of the PBA Governors’ Cup best-of-seven title series took on an entirely different complexion, and Barangay Ginebra frolicked in the moment to deal Meralco another loss that will definitely sting more.Dragged into a defense oriented contest, the Gin Kings tightened the noose on the enemy in the stretch and completed a come-from-behind 86-76 decision of the Bolts for a 2-0 lead before more than 16,000 screaming fans at Smart Araneta Coliseum on Sunday night.ADVERTISEMENT Experiencing traffic? Book a ‘ride-sharing flight’ to your destination PLAY LIST 01:02Experiencing traffic? Book a ‘ride-sharing flight’ to your destination01:35U.S. urges Japan, South Korea to share intel01:34After polls, Poe shares light moment with her staff01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa Fire hits houses in Mandaluyong City Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. MOST READ “We beat them two-in-a-row and they (Bolts) can certainly beat us two-in-a-row,” Cone said, showing a lot of respect on the team that topped the elimination round. “We’re certainly happy being 2-0 up, but you couldn’t be pleased with yourself. It doesn’t guarantee us anything.”Justin Brownlee scored 19 points and was the other big offensive weapon for Cone in the fourth with eight of his total.Earlier, Greg Slaughter was adjudged Best Player of the conference while Meralco’s Allen Durham won the Best Import award for the second straight season.GINEBRA 86 – MERALCO 76GINEBRA 86—Brownlee 19, Aguilar 16, Tenorio 14, Devance 10, Thompson 9, Mercado 6, Caguioa 6, Ferrer 3, Slaughter 3.MERALCO 76—Durham 25, Amer 10, De Ocampo 10, Hodge 9, Newsome 8, Lanete 6, Dillinger 5, Tolomia 3, Caram 0, Hugnatan 0.Quarters: 18-24, 40-37, 57-62, 86-76ADVERTISEMENT Unlike in the series opener where there was practically no endgame to speak of after the Kings played with command right from the start, Ginebra needed to step up big this time and closed out with a 19-1 bomb to gather all the momentum it needs going into the critical third game this Wednesday.“We took a big punch from them early in the game and survived that,” Ginebra coach Tim Cone said. “We managed to make it a possession-by-possession game [in the closing minutes] and had a good closing kick.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutLA Tenorio scored 10 points in the fourth quarter, seven of them inside the final 2:44, as the Kings erased a 75-69 deficit heading into the final 5:56.Of the 36 teams that took 2-0 leads in a title series in the Philippine Basketball Association’s history, 30 teams went on to win the title.It is a piece of history that Cone would not want his players to think of at the moment. Frontrow holds fun run to raise funds for young cancer patients BSP sees higher prices in November, but expects stronger peso, low rice costs to put up fight Nonong Araneta re-elected as PFF president Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Archers slay Maroons View comments
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Liverpool striker Firmino: I play at Christmas for the fansby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveLiverpool striker Roberto Firmino is happy playing through the Christmas period.Firmino admits he wants to do it for the fans.He told the Mirror: “For me, Christmas in England is very different from the one I lived in Brazil, for lots of reasons – on the pitch and off it.“But I’ve been here since 2015 and I’ve already got used to playing on these dates.“When I played in Germany the league stopped, but here it is played so the fans can enjoy Christmas better.“I don’t mind that at all it because we play for them.”
Liverpool defender Lovren receives one-match Croatia banby Ansser Sadiq9 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveLiverpool defender Dejan Lovren has received a one game international ban.The player is under fire because of comments that he made on social media.He posted a video on Instagram after a game against Spain in November, where he insulted the team and Sergio Ramos.According to UEFA, Lovren acted in a way that was not compliant with the body’s disciplinary rules.UEFA can punish anyone “whose conduct is insulting or otherwise violates the basic rules of decent conduct”.Lovren will miss his nation’s Euro 2020 qualifier against Azerbaijan. About the authorAnsser SadiqShare the loveHave your say
zoom German shipbuilder Meyer Werft has held a keel laying for Norwegian Cruise Line’s latest newbuilding, the Norwegian Bliss, at the yard’s facility in Papenburg, Germany. During the ceremony, one of the keel blocks of the 167,800 gross ton vessel was lifted into the covered building hall, signifying a major milestone in the ship’s construction.Norwegian Bliss is due for delivery in April 2018 and will be the first cruise ship custom built with features and amenities for the Alaska cruise experience, the cruise line said. “We are overjoyed to celebrate the keel laying of Norwegian Bliss, our sixteenth ship and sure to be our most innovative ship to date,” Andy Stuart, Norwegian Cruise Line’s president and Chief Executive Officer, said.The third ship in the line’s Breakaway-Plus class, Norwegian Bliss will accommodate 4,000 guests and will be the 12th ship in the Norwegian Cruise Line fleet to be built by Meyer Werft.During its inaugural summer 2018 season, Norwegian Bliss will sail weekly seven-day Alaska cruises each Saturday from the recently expanded Pier 66 Cruise Terminal in Seattle. The ship’s itinerary will feature calls in Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway and Victoria, British Columbia, along with scenic glacier cruising.
Ohio State added its 20th member of the 2017 recruiting class with the commitment from three-star wide receiver Elijah Gardiner. He joins four-star Trevon Grimes and four-star Jaylen Harris as the wide receiver commits in OSU’s 2017 class.Gardiner, who hails from Kemp, Texas, visited Columbus this weekend on an official visit and received an offer from OSU. He was committed to Missouri until he flipped to the Buckeyes on Monday. The 6-foot-5, 185-pound Gardiner will be one of OSU’s tallest receivers on the roster in 2017.National Signing Day is on Wednesday.Thanks to all the schools that have recruited me but my family and I have decided to further my career at The Ohio State University. pic.twitter.com/ZHhSS9asOd— Ellijah (@ellijahgardiner) January 30, 2017