Share Sir Stelios hits out at easyJet pay decisions KCS-content whatsapp Thursday 10 February 2011 9:03 pm EASYJET’S largest shareholder Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou has spoken out against an ex-chief executive’s pay, in the latest flare-up between the budget airline and its founder that could cause fireworks at next week’s AGM. Sir Stelios, whose family owns a 38 per cent stake in easyJet, wrote to chairman Michael Rake to complain that former chief executive Andy Harrison was paid £2.2m between April and September 2010, despite leaving his full-time post in July. “The main criticism… is that by insulating the pay of Harrison from the actual results in the 2009 deal, he gave the CEO the right to destroy shareholder value in the summer of 2010 with impunity,” Sir Stelios said.Harrison, who is now the chief executive of Whitbread, replied in a statement: “As chief executive of easyJet, my job was to implement the strategy agreed by the board.“All aspects of my remuneration were determined by the remuneration committee and to the best of my knowledge were communicated to the full board.”Sir Stelios wrote that he plans to vote against a resolution to approve directors’ pay at the shareholder meeting next Thursday, and will also abstain from a vote to re-elect David Michels as senior independent director. EasyJet shares, which took a battering last month after forecasting £160m half-year losses, fell 2.2 per cent yesterday to close at 380.5p. TIMELINE | EASYJET’S FIGHTS WITH FOUNDER SIR STELIOSMarch 1995Stelios Haji-Ioannou sets up easyJet using funds from his family’s shipping business22 November 2000EasyJet floats on the London Stock Exchange, valuing the firm at £777m26 November 2002 Stelios resigns as easyJet chairman to spend more time on other venturesMay 2005Stelios returns to the board as a non-exec; seven months later Andy Harrison joins as chief executiveAugust 2008 Stelios takes easyJet to court for using the “easy” brand to make money from ventures that compete with his other businessesNovember 2008 Stelios raises his stake in easyJet and demands two additional board seats, after refusing to sign off the firm’s accountsJuly 2010Harrison quits after a row over strategy and is replaced by Carolyn McCall14 May 2010After failing to nominate board members, Stelios resigns again in order to lobby for strategy change as an investor11 October 2010 EasyJet agrees a deal to pay Stelios to use the “easy” brand name on certain non-airline services whatsapp by Taboolaby TaboolaSponsored LinksSponsored LinksPromoted LinksPromoted LinksYou May LikeMisterStoryWoman Files For Divorce After Seeing This Photo – Can You See Why?MisterStoryMoneyPailShe Was A Star, Now She Works In ScottsdaleMoneyPailTotal PastThe Ingenious Reason There Are No Mosquitoes At Disney WorldTotal PastSerendipity TimesInside Coco Chanel’s Eerily Abandoned Mansion Frozen In TimeSerendipity TimesBrake For ItThe Most Worthless Cars Ever MadeBrake For ItZen HeraldNASA’s Voyager 2 Has Entered Deep Space – And It Brought Scientists To Their KneesZen HeraldBetterBe20 Stunning Female AthletesBetterBeWanderoamIdentical Twins Marry Identical Twins – But Then The Doctor Says, “STOP”Wanderoamautooverload.comDeclassified Vietnam War Photos The Public Wasn’t Meant To Seeautooverload.com Show Comments ▼ Tags: NULL
AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitter Online gaming revenue in Delaware increased 18.3% year-on-year to $324,958 in February as all of the state’s three licensed operators reported growth. Delaware igaming revenue reaches $324,958 in February Regions: US Delaware Tags: Online Gambling Online gaming revenue in Delaware increased 18.3% year-on-year to $324,958 (£258,083/€291,007) in February as all of the state’s three licensed operators reported growth.The February amount was lower than the $387,865 figure reported in January of this year, while player spending was down month-on-month to $9.9m. However, on a year-on-year-basis, wagers were up 9.3%.Video lottery games generated $210,695 in revenue during February, while table games brought in $83,392 for operators. An additional $30,871 was generated from poker rake and fees in the month.Delaware Park kept hold of top spot in the igaming market, posting $122,590 in revenue off $4.1m in consumer spending for the month.Read the full story on iGB North America. 13th March 2020 | By contenteditor Finance Email Address Subscribe to the iGaming newsletter Topics: Finance
Lux Island Resorts Limited (NRL.mu) listed on the Stock Exchange of Mauritius under the Tourism sector has released it’s 2013 interim results for the half year.For more information about Lux Island Resorts Limited (NRL.mu) reports, abridged reports, interim earnings results and earnings presentations, visit the Lux Island Resorts Limited (NRL.mu) company page on AfricanFinancials.Document: Lux Island Resorts Limited (NRL.mu) 2013 interim results for the half year.Company ProfileLux Island Resorts Limited, formerly known as Naïade Resorts Limited, is a collection of premium hotels in the Indian Ocean with running operations in Mauritius, the Réunion Island, the Maldives, China, Vietnam, Turkey, and the United Arab Emirates. The company however, operates as a subsidiary of IBL Ltd as of May 18, 2018. Lux Island Resorts Limited is listed on the Stock Exchange of Mauritius.
Associated Commercial Company Limited (ACC.mu) listed on the Stock Exchange of Mauritius under the Transport sector has released it’s 2020 interim results for the first quarter.For more information about Associated Commercial Company Limited (ACC.mu) reports, abridged reports, interim earnings results and earnings presentations, visit the Associated Commercial Company Limited (ACC.mu) company page on AfricanFinancials.Document: Associated Commercial Company Limited (ACC.mu) 2020 interim results for the first quarter.Company ProfileAssociated Commercial Company Limited specialises in motor vehicles, motor spares and accessories. Headquartered in in Port Louis, Mauritius, the company imports, markets, sells and offers motor vehicle services that include repairs and the sale of motor spares. Associated Commercial Company Limited is listed on the Stock Exchange of Mauritius.
Tagged with: Consulting & Agencies Digital Giving/Philanthropy About Howard Lake Howard Lake is a digital fundraising entrepreneur. Publisher of UK Fundraising, the world’s first web resource for professional fundraisers, since 1994. Trainer and consultant in digital fundraising. Founder of Fundraising Camp and co-founder of GoodJobs.org.uk. Researching massive growth in giving. Advertisement AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis Howard Lake | 16 October 2003 | News The National Canine Defence League has rebranded as Dogs Trust.The charity’s Web site has been overhauled to reflect the change by its agency interesource. 196 total views, 1 views today AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis NCDL rebrands as Dogs Trust
Tagged with: Giving/Philanthropy CAFAmerica launches grant top-up opportunity for UK charities Dr Susan Saxon-Harrold, Chief Executive Officer of CAFAmerica, said: “CAFAmerica is keen to stimulate giving on an international scale and this is a great opportunity for charities in the UK to maximise their income from US donors. With very little effort on their part, we can really help charities get involved in fundraising from America. If a charity finds it has donors that have never used CAFAmerica’s services before and it encourages them to use us, they will qualify for this one-off incentive top-up. It doesn’t matter if they are new or long term supporters; individuals, companies or grant-makers. With Thanksgiving, Christmas and the end of the US tax year, this is a great time for UK charities (including those in arts, health and education) that may not have considered fundraising from the US to give it a go.” AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis 24 total views, 2 views today AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis Howard Lake | 16 December 2003 | News CAFAmerica has launched a new grant top-up programme that could enable registered charities in the UK to increase the value of donations received from American donors by up to $5,000 per grant.The opportunity can only be used if the US donor is a first time user of CAFAmerica’s services and the recipient charity in the UK has been assessed as eligible to receive gifts from CAFAmerica. For this to happen, UK charities will need to complete and return a Grant Eligibility Application from the organisation’s Web site.Once assessment is complete, charities are then listed on a database in the US that potential American donors can access when looking for possible grant recipients. Because of US ‘Due Diligence’ requirements, eligibility has to be reassessed periodically and in the case of UK charities, this takes place every three years. Advertisement About Howard Lake Howard Lake is a digital fundraising entrepreneur. Publisher of UK Fundraising, the world’s first web resource for professional fundraisers, since 1994. Trainer and consultant in digital fundraising. Founder of Fundraising Camp and co-founder of GoodJobs.org.uk. Researching massive growth in giving.
AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis26 Tattoo project to raise funds for older people’s charity “ALONE was excited when the Ink Factory reached out with this fantastic idea and the enthusiasm only grew when we approached our service-users. Too often we find that people have a perception that older people are traditional, and aren’t open to new experiences. This is a great opportunity for the participants to express themselves in a new way and we hope it’ll encourage older people to feel empowered and show that life isn’t over when you get older.” 253 total views, 1 views today Melanie May | 14 August 2018 | News About Melanie May Melanie May is a journalist and copywriter specialising in writing both for and about the charity and marketing services sectors since 2001. She can be reached via www.thepurplepim.com. A charity that supports older people at home has teamed up with a tattoo studio in a project aiming to empower older people by fighting the stigma around ageing, as well as raise funds.ALONE and The Ink Factory last week released a video (featured) introducing the Bucket Listers project, which will provide five of the charity’s service-users with a tattoo of their choosing, and raise funds by inviting the public to sponsor the tattoos.Over four weeks, regular videos will introduce the participants (the Bucket Listers): a group of five people who are assisted by ALONE. The videos will outline each person’s experience with ALONE and their hopes for their new tattoo, before they are inked by The Ink Factory artists on Sunday 9 September.The Ink Factory approached ALONE with the idea to challenge assumptions and encourage its service-users to take them up on a free tattoo.Tom Lynch, owner of The Ink Factory, said:“We’re delighted to team up with ALONE to launch the Bucket Listers project to both raise funds for this amazing charity and fight the negative perceptions met by older people. Inclusivity is a major part of the Ink Factory DNA and we’re excited for our artists to donate their talents on 9 September, providing a tattoo for each of the five lovely older people taking part.”Seán Moynihan, CEO of ALONE, said: Advertisement Tagged with: Fundraising ideas Ireland video 254 total views, 2 views today AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis26
Previous articleSustainability and Innovation Top Priorities for Soybean GrowersNext articleWhen to Throw Food Out Andy Eubank Facebook Twitter Both Indiana and National FFA Conventions will be In-Person in Capital City Facebook Twitter Home Indiana Agriculture News Both Indiana and National FFA Conventions will be In-Person in Capital City By Andy Eubank – May 23, 2021 SHARE Audio Playerhttps://hoosieragtoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/IN-FFA-convention-in-person-too.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume.2020-2021 Indiana FFA State Officer TeamWith the announcement of the National FFA convention returning to in-person later this year, that makes two FFA conventions in-person and based in Indianapolis in 2021. The Indiana State FFA Convention in June is shifting to the Indiana State Fairgrounds and will welcome the blue jackets to be on the ground there.Indiana FFA director Sam Miller said the Covid factor forced the move.“Traditionally we are at Purdue University and that just wasn’t able to work out due to the Covid restrictions, but we were very set on having an in-person state convention opportunity for our students,” she told HAT. “They just deserve to be able to have some type of experience to get back to a normal life and not be in front of a computer yet again for another event. So, that meant a lot of creativity on our team’s part and brainstorming, ok where can we go in the state of Indiana that makes logistic sense for our schools, that makes money sense for our organization to put on an event.”The new venue can host enough students that it makes sense to stage the convention. Home base will be the Expo Hall June 15-17, 2021. Purdue University had been home to the convention for 91 years prior to going all virtual last year.Miller says the biggest change will be limited seating, “being in a different venue and having to still do some social distancing pieces. So, we do have just 1,200 people who will be able to join us during each individual session.”But Indiana FFA is doing all it can to replicate much of past state conventions.“The session content, how we’re going to handle each session, the atmosphere you’ll feel during the session, the energy that the state officers will bring, the sponsors remarks, the recognizing of the achievements of our members, that will all be the same,” Miller said. “We will still have the convention spread out over a Tuesday through a Thursday. It’s still six sessions. The content of each session is the same, and we’re expecting approximately the same length of each session.”Each session will again be streamed this year. Hear the full conversation with Sam Miller here:Audio Playerhttps://hoosieragtoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Sam-Miller-on-2021-FFA-state-convention.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. SHARE
Twitter RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Facebook By News Highland – February 11, 2021 Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA Google+ WhatsApp AudioHomepage BannerNews Pinterest Google+ Rural GPs expect decision on AstraZeneca vaccine to be reversed Nine til Noon Show – Listen back to Monday’s Programme WhatsApp Facebook DL Debate – 24/05/21 Rural GPs expect the decision not to give the AstraZeneca covid-19 vaccine to over 70s to be reversed shortly.It’s after the World Health Organization backed its use for all adults yesterday.The Irish Daily Mail is reporting that a number of rural GPs expect ‘harder to reach’ housebound patients to be vaccinated with the easier to store AstraZeneca vaccine.Dr Illona Duffy, a GP based in Monaghan Town, says medical professionals will be guided by public health authorities at all times: Previous articleTanaiste accused of trying to wriggle out of business insurance controversyNext articleThere’s no Covid strategy that can ‘avoid snap lockdowns’ News Highland Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows Twitter Pinterest News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th
Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA Pinterest WhatsApp By News Highland – March 13, 2021 Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows Google+ Tanaiste urged to prevent renewal of exploration licence for Donegal company Pinterest The Tánaiste is being urged to do what’s in his gift to prevent a Donegal company from renewing its exploration licence to continuing working in the year ahead.It’s been claimed that the company, based in Inishowen, continued to explore for led deposits throughout lockdown, with the issue raised in the Dail this week by Donegal Deputy Thomas Pringle.The company’s licence is up for renewal next month and Deputy Pringle urged Leo Varadkar to intervene:Audio Playerhttps://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/pringledsat10am.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume.Responding Leo Varadkar says the company can only carry out works if they are exempt from the current restrictions and says the matter would be for Minister Eamon Ryan to investigate further:Audio Playerhttps://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/leoledsat10am.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Google+ Twitter Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th Facebook Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR WhatsApp Previous articleConcerns raised over copper pipe erosion in West DonegalNext articleCSO figures show 143 people in Donegal have died with Covid-19 News Highland Twitter Community Enhancement Programme open for applications Nine til Noon Show – Listen back to Monday’s Programme AudioHomepage BannerNews